BEAUJOLAIS / OCCASIONS
THROW A SUMMER WINE TASTING PARTY WITH BEAUJOLAIS!
Words that describe a great summer party– fun, leisurely, festive, refreshing – also describe a great summer wine. Beaujolais wines are filled with lively, light flavors, making them the perfect summer wine.
So why not have a summer wine tasting party devoted to Beaujolais? Wine tasting parties are fun, casual and a great way to sample different wines from one region. Gather your fellow wine lovers to toast the last days of summer with Beaujolais!
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Refreshing red wines made of Gamay grape, Beaujolais wines are best enjoyed chilled. They’re perfect for even the warmest August nights!
- Try sampling five to seven different wines. Any of the Beaujolais Cru wines can be grouped together into a fabulous summer wine tasting menu. While each Cru wine is unique, they’re all lighter than most other reds.
- To show off the region’s variety, Chiroubles is an excellent starting point. It’s one of the lightest Beaujolais Crus and features flavors that bring to mind the airy scenery of the French countryside.
- To show off the region’s versatility, try offering one of the stronger Beaujolais Crus, like Morgon or Moulin-à-Vent. These wines are sturdier than others from the region, but still offer a light and refreshing experience that is ideal for an outdoor summer party.
- While the wines are sure to be the star of this party, BBQ items, party foods and even other beverages are sure to fit right into the festivities. Keep it simple with burgers, a great pairing for Beaujolais, or serve something a little more refined, like this month’s featured steak recipe.
- As for other beverages, it can be helpful to keep some sparkling water on hand to help cleanse the palate between tastings. And of course, an iced coffee or tea is a great way to finish the evening, especially when served with a sweet dessert.