These easy, succulent mushroom and beef kabobs are perfect for a backyard BBQ, especially this Labor Day weekend. Pair them with a Beaujolais red wine for a delicious meal.
Author: Gina Kleinworth
Recipe Type: Main
Serves: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 14 mins
Total Time: 29 mins
½ cup olive oil
⅓ cup soy sauce
½ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 ½ tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 ½ pounds lean beef round or chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
12-16 mushroom caps
1. Mix oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.
2. Pour into a zip-close bag and add beef cubes.
3. Seal bag & refrigerate 10 min
4. When ready to cook, preheat grill.
5. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the mushrooms & let stand a few minutes.
6. Drain mushrooms & thread onto skewers, alternating between marinated meat & mushrooms.
7. Grill over hot coals for 5-7 minutes with lid down.
8. Turn skewers and grill for 5-7 more minutes with lid up.