BEAUJOLAIS / HONEST COOKING
LINGUINI PUTTANESCA WITH BEAUJOLAIS
There are few things more comforting or rewarding than making homemade pasta puttanesca and serving it with a red Beaujolais wine.
Author: Samantha Ferraro
Recipe Type: Main
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
1 pound cooked linguini
Olive oil, as needed for sautéing
½ red onion, chopped
2-3 anchovy filets
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
¾ cup Beaujolais red wine
3 cups tomato sauce (or tomato puree)
¼ cup water
1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
½ cup capers
Freshly shaven Parmesan, for garnish
Fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add chopped onions and sauté on medium heat until lightly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Next add anchovy fillets (and any oil that comes with it from the jar) and use a wooden spatula to break down the anchovy in the olive oil. Then add chopped garlic and red pepper and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes so the garlic begins to deepen in color.
- Next, add the red wine and allow to reduce slightly. Add the tomato sauce and water and stir everything together.
- Add chopped olives and capers and let sauce cook on a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Once sauce is ready, add cooked pasta directly to sauce and toss together. Serve linguini puttanesca in large bowls and garnish with shaven Parmesan and fresh basil and crusty bread.