BEAUJOLAIS / EVERYDAY PAIRINGS
BROUILLY AND STRAWBERRY ICE
1 cup of freshly pressed red grape juice?
1/4 bottle of Brouilly
The zest of 2 big oranges peeled off with a vegetable peeler?
1/2 lemon juice
1/2 a dessertspoon of de crème de cassis (blackcurrant liquor)?
5oz of granulated sugar?
14oz of strawberries
- Put the wine and the orange zest in a stainless steel pan
- Boil for 3 minutes then leave to cool.
- Then ass the lemon juice and the fresh grape juice; pour through a fine sieve to mix with the crème de cassis.
- Pour the preparation into a big enamelled or stainless steel dish.
- Put it in the freezer and mix every 15 minutes with a fork to get regular crystals as the ice forms.
- Keep in the freezer, then serve in tulip shaped glasses or in ice-cream glasses decorated with strawberries cut into pieces.
- Garnish with a leaf of fresh mint.